Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Project Charter of Assignment 3.



Assignment 3 Title: Cease Burning, Love the Trees.


Project Start Date: August 19, 2008
Projected Finish Date: September 9, 2008.

Project Manager: Wong Jue Jin HP: 0165065683 Email: wongjuejin@yahoo.com

Project Objectives:

The 3rd assignment that I am doing right now is to convey a message to arouse the awareness among humanity about how important it’s to cease burning in jungle and also in public areas in order to avoid global warning. Besides that, through this poster, I wish that I can as well emphasize the importance of the existence of trees in this nature. That’s why my title is “Cease Burning, Love the Trees”.
Well, for my 1st assignment, there is a tree held by a human's hand and a fire contained in a box to show this idea as well, while for my 2nd assignment, I illustrated a scenery of a beautiful tree and some landscapes of green lands behind that tree to show how beauty our earth will be if we stop the open air burning, especially in the jungle. So, with these both assignments I've done, I decided to carry on with my idea or concept to emphasize more on the ceasing of open air burning and the beauty of nature. Therefore, I will input more trees and controlled fire in the 3rd assignment that I am handling now.

Approach:

• Pen tool, pencil tool, shape tool and also warp tool will be used to illustrate the shape of fire and trees in this poster. A lot of time will be spent in this part as it is main part of my whole assignment, therefore, effort must be put into this to create something that allow me to really convey the message that I want to, which is similar to my title of this assignment.
• Gradient tool, mesh tool and live paint bucket will be applied as well to add suitable colors into my poster so that it can attract attention from other people. Of course, during the process, color will be picked carefully so that it can avoid from creating a dull image and help to achieve the best performance of this poster.
• Type tool will be applied too for the title of this poster. Since it’s one which implies the whole message of this poster, so suitable font must be picked carefully as well, so maybe I’ll try to surf the net and download some font which is more suitable for my poster.

Roles and Responsibilities:

• For the first few days, which are from 19th August until 22nd August, I’ll spend some time to think of the basic concept of my poster. During this, I’ll do some researches from net and also books in library which were recommended by some of my friends and lecturers.
• After that, I’ll start making my sketches from 23rd August until 25th August according to my inspiration after referring those posters that I got from the net and also the books.
• 26th August until 31st August, I’ll start illustrating the poster based on my final sketch. According to my own experience, I believe that this is going to spend more time compared to the other steps. That’s why I’ve spare one or two days more for this so that I can focus more on this illustration.
• Beginning of 1st September, I’ll allow myself to spend about 4th September in coloring those illustration that I’ve done in the previous days.
• On the 5th September, I’ll spend whole day in writing the essay to explain the message that my poster is indicating and also write my name, ID and the others information in the correct sequence.
• On the 6th September, I’ll start asking my classmates and consulting my lecturer about the poster I’ve made, if there’s no problem left, I’ll get it printed on 7th September and wait to submit it on the 9th September.
• However, if there’s any problem, I’ll get it fixed right away on 6th and 7th September and get it printed on 8th September. After that, I’ll be just waiting for 9th September to submit my work.


Comment:

• During the computer class on 26th August, I’ve got to know that we can actually get the idea of our posters from those books in MMU library as it contains a lot of poster designs which couldn’t be found on the net. So I am going to try on that to see whether there is any altering I can do on my current sketch.
• On 26th August, our computer graphic teacher brought us to another lecturer in one of the offices in FCM, and she provided some methods that we can actually apply in Adobe Illustrator CS3. For example, we can actually write those words according to a path that we want by just creating a path first before we start writing our title on that piece of illustration, so I am going to try on that as well to see what the outcome will be, then only decide which method that I want to use.


No comments: