Friday, September 5, 2008

The making of The 3rd Assigment.


Since this is my final assignment for this trimester, therefore I really paid a lot of attention on this. Because of this, I did my research as usual and I've drawn a big amount of sketches, a lot more than the previous ones. Finally, I've come out with one sketch which is more preferable. Here this is.




After I've picked my favourite sketch, I began my poster illustration. Since I very much loved the tree in my 2nd assignment, therefore I decided to paste it on my poster. Along with that, I started to draw the outline of the box using pen tool. While for the fire in that box, I decided to paste in my sketch and trace the shape of the fire using the pen tool again.



Well, the shape of the fire and the box were done, and it was time to start drawing the kids around the tree, therefore I drew the shape of an ellipse on a new layer using ellipse tool so that I could roughly estimate the position of those kids. After that, I started drawing some circles on the eclipse to represent the heads of those kids.



Okay, here comes the difficult part. At first, I applied the shape of rectangular, using rectangular tool to be the kids' bodies. Then, by using pen tool and pencil tool, I drew their hair, eyes, mouths, noses, hands and legs. After forming out the shape, I applied direct selection tool and warp tool to sort of altering their body parts into a better shape. To be frank, the illustration of those kids was seriously the most time consuming session, even though with the help of the zoom tool, but still, it was hard, as i had to draw every single detailed part of theirs. Oh ya, there was some time i copied and pasted some of the body parts and reflected it, for example, when I wanted a pair of hand with the same length, I just did that method.









After the kids were drawn, it was time to do the coloring. ^^
In this part, I decided to apply only some fair colors, to carry out the sense of harmony in this poster, except for the fire of course. While for the kids, I applied white and green color for their dressing.



As my title is "Cease the Fire, Loves the Trees", therefore I really wished to show the ceasing of fire in this poster of mine. So I applied pen tool again to draw a container which shows an big amount of water being poured from that two big containers. To draw that, I applied just rectangular tool and alter the shape a little bit using that direct selection tool. After wards, I copied it and pasted the same container and reflected it before placing it on the right hand side. Followed by that, I applied pen tool to draw the shape of the water when it was being poured into that box filled wit fire. Since the water is kinda shapeless, so it was a difficult part for me as well, and i spent alot of time in this. Once it was drawn, I applied light blue for the water and I adjusted the capacity of that color to a lower percentage.



Once it was done, here came the touch up part. I deleted the original green background and redrew again using pen tool, but this time with some grass on that background so that it can really show that it was a greenland. Other than that, to make the poster nicer, i added shadow into every object. Then I added a very light blue color as for the sky color, then I applied gradient effect on that piece of sky with the setting of 90' linear.



It almost came to the end of the whole process already. For the last part, I added the main title of this project of mine which is " Cease the Fire, Love the Trees", using some specific font I downloaded from the website.



Finally, it was done. So, enjoy. ^^


No comments: