Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Making Of My Symbol. ^^

After considering for some time, I've decided to create a SYMBOL which is going to bring some HOPE to this concept, about overcoming the Global Warming. ^^

So, this is my sketch.


After learning some basic techniques from my friend, I finally started my symbol designing.

First of all, a small box was drawn using a "Rectangle Tool" and the thickness of the box line was thickened using "stroke".


Grass was drawn and added by using "Symbol" tool.


Then, I applied "Pencil Tool" and I just randomly sketch out a shape of a hand.



After all the shaping and editing, i added some fair color onto the hand I've just shaped or edited. And once the color filling was done, I duplicated the hand and reflected it at the same time.



Once the hands were placed on the right position, I sent both hands backward, so that the lower part of the hands would be covered by the grass. And at the same time, I used the "Pencil Tool" to draw a piece of land, and brown color was filled into it as well.



Once the land was drawn, I applied the "Pencil Tool" once again to try sketching out the shape of a tree, even it's abit out of shape. =P



Afterward, I applied "Pen Tool" and "Warp Tool" to alter the tree to a better shape. Once it's done, I straight away added green and brown color onto the tree respectively.



Everything was done now except the fire. So, i started to sketch out the shape of the fire by using "Pencil Tool" again. Then, of course, the appropriate colors were filled into the fire I've just drawn.



Followed by that, the fire which was done edited was moved to the box together with two small logs I randomly drew.



At last, a cross formed by two red bars with 50% of capacity was put on the box to indicate the prevention of burning. So, here's my FINAL SYMBOL~!!!



No comments: